News & Announcements
Thursday, Aug 2, 2012
- Free tickets are available in Academic Affairs for the Los Angeles Lightning professional basketball game, Friday, June 15, 7pm, in the Gilbert Arena. Bring your friends and family to cheer on the Los Angeles Lightning as they take on the Malibu Pirates. Watch a star studded lineup of NBA veterans and international players including Juaquin Hawkins, Fred Vinson, Byron Russell, Lamond Murray and UCLA greats Billy Knight and Toby Bailey. Russell reached the NBA Finals three times with the Utah Jazz and LA Lakers and Bailey helped UCLA capture its last NCAA title in 1995. For more info contact Judy Beaulieu at x3145 or email@example.com .
- Faculty Annual Reports (Full time faculty only) were due May 31. If you haven’t completed one, please do so ASAP. The form can be found on the Academic Affairs website at: http://www.callutheran.edu/academic_affairs/faculty/annual_faculty_review.php (The form is in the “Faculty Governance” section of the Academic Affairs web page). If you have any questions, contact Karissa Oien at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Faculty Brainstorming Workshop, “Best Practices for Teaching International Students,” Friday, July 6, 3:30-5:30pm, Nygreen 5. Mary Jo Shane and Harry Starn will facilitate an interactive faculty brainstorming workshop to develop practical strategies that can be used to promote learning for our international students within the onsite and virtual classrooms. It is scheduled for July 6, so that participants can walk over to Faculty Night at the Shakespeare festival immediately after the workshop. Please RSVP to ROMRSVP@callutheran.edu .
- Save the Date – Faculty Night at the Kingsmen Shakespeare Festival, Friday, July 6. Much Ado About Nothing, one of Shakespeare’s best-loved comedies, is filled with vibrant, witty characters, misinformation and romance. Faculty members and a guest will be admitted free – children under 18 are always free at the Festival. Festival grounds open at 5:30pm, show begins at 8pm. Drinks and snacks will be served. RSVP to Karissa Oien at email@example.com .
- Faculty Retreat (Full time faculty only), Wed., Aug. 29 – Thurs., Aug. 30, Ventura Beach Marriott. Deadline to RSVP is July 1, 2012. Click here to RSVP: www.callutheran.edu/faculty/faculty_retreat_form.php .
- On 5/7 GPEC has approved a submission by the GSOE to change the two-semester Clear Credential program according to meet new CCTC standards. More information is available from the GPEC Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On 6/4, GPEC has approved a change in course title, minor changes to the course description, and minor miscellaneous changes to the following submissions by the Graduate School of Education:
- EDTP 511, EDTP 512, EDTP 513, EDTP 514, EDTP 520, EDTP 521, EDTP 522, EDTP 523, EDTP 525, EDTP 530, EDTP 531, EDTP 532, EDTP 533, EDTP 535, EDTP 540, EDTP 560, EDTP 599.
- General update to graduate catalog information on programs offered at the Graduate School of Education in order to align with the requirements of the California Commmission for Teacher Credentialing
More information is available from the GPEC Chair at email@example.com.