Announcements for the week of July 30
- Save the Dates:
- President's Reception and Family Send-Off - Saturday, September 1, 5-6:30pm, President's Patio.
- Opening Academic Convocation - Tuesday, September 4, 9:30am, Gilbert Arena (Faculty meet in Lundring in regalia at 9am.) If you need to rent regalia for this event, please contact the Bookstore at x3270 by Monday, August 13.
- Freshman Seminar Faculty - Please note that New Student Orientation occurs over Labor Day Weekend this year, with events involving Freshman Seminar Faculty being held Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (Labor Day). For more information contact Student Life at x3553.
- Fall Events - If you are organizing an event in the Fall that your colleagues may want to include in their syllabi, please email this information to Judy Beaulieu at email@example.com by Friday, August 10. A list of these events will be compiled and distributed to all faculty.
- Student Support Services is delighted to present the 11th annual Summer Orientation to Academic Resources (SOAR) Program! From July 29 to August 3, 25 first-generation and low-income students will take part in an intensive orientation that focuses on the tools they need for academic success. This group includes 20 first-year students and 5 transfer students. Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded program that has been on the CLU campus for 22 years. Please welcome these students to campus. If you would like to know more about SSS or SOAR, please contact Elena Jaloma at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 3602.
- Upcoming events at the William Rolland Gallery of Fine Art. For more information, contat Jeff Phillips, curator, at x3697.
- "Variations," Piano Recital with Master Pianist Mikael Oganes (Classic Western Theme Scores), Saturday, August 18, 2-5pm, William Rolland Gallery of Fine Art.
- Readings from the West, presented by the CLU English Department, Saturday, September 8, 2-4pm, William Rolland Gallery of Fine Art.
- Faculty Retreat (Full time faculty only), Wed., Aug. 29 – Thurs., Aug. 30, Ventura Beach Marriott. IF YOU HAVE NOT RSVP'D, PLEASE DO SO ASAP! Click here to RSVP: www.callutheran.edu/faculty/faculty_retreat_form.php .