Support Staff Position (non-exempt)
Position TitleTemporary Clerical Assistant - 2 - 30 hour/week Positions available
Salary ($US) and BenefitsHiring Salary: $12.00
Basic FunctionThe Clerical Assistant is responsible for providing operational support to the Office of Undergraduate Admission related to data entry. This is a temporary position starting September 16 through May 2.
Representative Duties• Inputs new student information from various inquiry sources and admission application materials; codes contact information into the admission database.
• Supports document imaging system.
• Coordinates large direct mailing projects.
• Provides administrative support to the office as directed, including front desk reception support.
• Performs verification, quality control, data integrity and data clean-up projects.
Knowledge Of• PC-based applications and software; database systems
• Operation of a variety of office equipment, such as computers, printers, faxes and copy machines
• Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
• Telephone techniques and etiquette
Ability To• Perform data entry with minimal error rate
• Operate a computer terminal to enter data, maintain records and generate reports
• Organize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Learn University mission, goals, and objectives
• Provide fundamental information regarding the University to prospective students
• Work independently with little direction
• Learn, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures
• Understand and follow oral and written directions
Education and ExperienceAny combination equivalent to: two years of college-level course work in business or other related field and two years of responsible administrative, secretarial, clerical, or related office experience.
Remaining at computer terminal workstation for extended periods of time
Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
Pushing, pulling or lifting light objects.
Application ProcedureCompleted Application Packet includes:
• CLU Application
• Cover letter outlining your qualifications for this particular job
Only complete packets will be forwarded to the search committee. Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
California Lutheran University
Human Resources, MC1100
60 W. Olsen Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
California Lutheran University is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process can be provided to individuals with qualifying disabilities. Please contact the Human Resources Department for further information or to request an accommodation.