Administrative Position (exempt)
Position TitleIT Client Services Specialist (Help Desk Specialist) - CLOSED TO NEW APPLICANTS
DepartmentInformation Systems and Services
Salary ($US) and BenefitsSalary Range: $54,714 - $58,484
MissionShift: 6:30am - 3:30pm
Basic FunctionUnder the supervision of the Associate Director of Information Technology, the IT Client Services Specialist will: design and deliver employee and student desktop/computer orientations, coordinate the Information Systems and Services (ISS) Help Desk activities; monitor tickets, hire and train student assistants, and provide tier two software support. As a member of ISS technical services team, the incumbent will provide support on University adopted software and technology tools such as Blackboard, Qualtrics, Lynda Campus, ConnectYard, etc.
Representative Duties• Execute Help Desk support activities including logging calls/contacts into trouble-ticket tracking software, resolving common issues on the spot, triaging calls to determine who in the organization should address/fix higher tier problems.
• Develop and deliver productivity tool classes and workshops
• Develop and deliver classes on Mobile devices.
• Provide one-on-one staff and faculty computer/desktop orientations
• Develop and deliver orientations to information systems and services to CLU’s various constituents.
• Maintain data on training and orientation programs.
• Maintain consistent, high quality response to customer inquiries.
• Provide support and consultation services to resolve issues or problems with standard University adopted software applications and services.
• Assist with documenting all standard operating procedures and routinely update that documentation as procedures change.
• Resolve ticketed issues within timeframes identified in the IT department’s service level objectives.
• Install, maintain, and repair computer software, hardware, and peripheral equipment.
• Work with and mentor student workers providing support services through the Help Desk.
• Report progress toward resolution, actions taken/fixes attempted, and current ticket status regularly using the HD management application.
• Follow policies and procedures related to how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected.
• Assist in maintaining an accurate inventory of all technical equipment.
• Assist in monitoring IT assets and supplies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Of• CLU supported application software such as MS Office Suite, Outlook, SPSS, Contribute, Blackboard, Qualtrics, ConnectYard and Lynda campus.
• Mobile devices including iOS and Android and Apps used in a university setting
• Sound teaching principles.
• Advanced working knowledge of both Windows OS and Mac OS.
• Statistics and statistical analysis as applied to the computer training program and help desk.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
Ability To• Build excellent customer relationships and provide customer service.
• Deliver high quality productivity tool workshops and software troubleshooting.
• Communicate technical issues in a non-technical manner to clients.
• Communicate client needs with appropriate specificity to the appropriate staff.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Design and deliver new employee and student orientation sessions.
• Write documentation and create technical handouts.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Web page development and publishing.
• Work independently with little direction.
• Work collaboratively in a changing environment.
• Work with members of the University community (faculty, students, staff, and alumni) who have diverse technological skills.
Education and ExperienceEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required; experience working on a help desk or call center; basic PC/Mac hardware and software support; advanced working knowledge of Windows and Mac OS, expert level experience with the MS Office suite, and computing in a highly networked environment.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• Comp TIA A+, HDI Desktop Support Technician, or equivalent certification required.
• Microsoft MCDST, Comp TIA Network +, or equivalent certifications preferred.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
Seeing to view a computer monitor.
Sitting for extended periods of time.
Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching
Application ProcedureCompleted Application Packet includes:
• Cover letter outlining your qualifications for this particular job
Only complete packets will be forwarded to the search committee. You can submit your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com, or mail to:
California Lutheran University
Human Resources, MC1100
60 W. Olsen Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
California Lutheran University is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process can be provided to individuals with qualifying disabilities. Please contact the Human Resources Department for further information or to request an accommodation.