Support Staff Position (non-exempt)
Position TitleExecutive Administrative Assistant - Application Deadline: February 22, 2013
DepartmentEnrollment Management & Marketing Division
Salary ($US) and BenefitsHiring Range: $18.00 - $20.00
Basic FunctionUnder the direction of the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing, serve as an executive administrative assistant and offer operational support services for the division of Enrollment and Marketing; create and manage the release of sensitive information and exercise frequent independent judgment within the assigned areas of responsibility.
Representative Duties• Serve as an administrative assistant to the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Marketing.
• Provide administrative support to the division as directed by the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing.
• Arrange and schedule a variety of meetings and appointments; maintain calendars, make reservations and travel arrangements.
• Assist with the preparation of reports and presentations.
• Manage budgets and special projects.
• Create, coordinate and manage communications to internal and external stakeholders.
• Serve as a liaison between the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Marketing and other University administrators.
• Take minutes for high-level discussions, staff meetings and other meetings as assigned.
• Assist in the coordination of special events, retreats and meetings; generate lists and labels from queries; generate mail merge letters.
• Oversee project management systems that enable organization of goals, tasks and objectives to enhance administrative efficiency.
• Interpret, influence and assist in prioritizing tasks.
• Answer phone and facilitate support to members of the campus community and outside constituents.
• Check, forward and respond to email correspondence in a timely manner.
• Maintain integrity and confidentiality of student, personnel and market research data.
• Work with University community to assist in enrollment and marketing efforts.
• Must be available to work some evenings and weekends.
• All related duties as assigned
Knowledge OfModern office practices, procedures and equipment such as computers and related software, printers, faxes and
Operations, procedures, specific rules and precedents of the office.
Budget and record-keeping techniques.
Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
Multi-line phone systems.
Oral and written communication skills
University mission, goals and objectives
Principles and practices of business communication
Principles of business letter writing and report preparation
Word processing, database, publishing, and spreadsheet software
Ability ToOperate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet, publishing and database applications
Type, keyboard, and/or enter data at a speed necessary for successful job performance
Plan and organize work to meet changing priorities and deadlines
Understand and carry out oral and written directions
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports
Assist in the coordination of event planning.
Collaborate with multiple offices.
Organize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Provide fundamental information regarding the University to prospective students.
Education and ExperienceAny combination equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with coursework in, Business, Communications, English, Liberal Arts, or related field and two years of administrative support experience.
Seeing to read appropriate written correspondence.
Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
Pushing, pulling or lifting light objects.
Application ProcedureCompleted Application Packet includes:
• Cover letter outlining your qualifications for this particular job
Only complete packets will be forwarded to the search committee. You can submit your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com, or mail to:
California Lutheran University
Human Resources, MC1100
60 W. Olsen Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Applicants must supply proof of proficiency in:
Keyboarding 50 net wpm
Microsoft Office Suite including : Word, Excel
Testing is available at local staffing agencies.
California Lutheran University is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process can be provided to individuals with qualifying disabilities. Please contact the Human Resources Department for further information or to request an accommodation.