CLU's "4 To Finish" Graduation Guarantee Program is designed to assist students in a timely four-year graduation. Students will not only have an opportunity to enter graduate school or get started in their careers earlier, but keep costs to a minimum, stay on track academically and achieve their goals!
In order to participate in the California Lutheran University 4 to Finish program students agree to comply with the conditions outlined below. The University makes a commitment that graduation in four years will not be delayed by course availability. Students may cancel the agreement with the University at any time, with no penalty. Cancellation of the agreement is automatic if any of the terms listed below are not met.
The following terms and conditions are required:
- Sign the 4 to Finish Contract by the end of the first month after matriculation.
- Declare a major by the end of the third semester after matriculation. All science and Liberal Studies majors must be declared in the first semester. A major declared after the third semester requires proof that it is possible to finish the requirements of the major in the remaining semesters. An approval form is available in the Registrar’s Office. The guarantee will only cover completion of a single major in a single degree.
- Meet with the student’s faculty advisor at least once a semester. As part of that meeting, the student must present an academic plan to the advisor for approval. This plan should cover at least two years and should be completed using the academic planning function in WebAdvisor.
- Register for courses at the assigned time and accept any available section of a required class that can be accommodated within an appropriate schedule required to stay on track for graduation.
- Remain in good academic standing at the University and make sufficient academic progress toward degree completion. The faculty advisor must approve the student’s academic progress at least once a year. Normally, sufficient academic progress includes the completion of at least 31 credits and 25% of all degree requirements each year. Any variation from this standard should be addressed in the approved academic plan.
- Meet with the appropriate Evaluator in the Registrar’s Office once a year. This meeting must include the submission of faculty advisor approved academic plans and approval of academic progress.
- Make timely annual application for all necessary financial assistance and maintain current payment status with their student account, to avoid financial holds barring registration.
- Apply to graduate by the priority deadline.
- Notify the appropriate evaluator in the Registrar's Office prior to the beginning of classes in any semester if it appears that graduation may be delayed due to course unavailability.
If the student meets all of the conditions of CLU’s 4 to Finish program, the university will do the following:
- CLU will grant the student in the program registration priority within his or her class level.
- If timely graduation will be delayed due to course unavailability, the University may substitute an alternative course if possible. If substitution is not possible, the University may allow the unavailability of coursework to delay graduation. In that case, the University will waive tuition and any mandatory fees for that course(s) at CLU for the student in the next academic year.
The University is under no obligation to provide these adjustments unless the student submits a written request for accommodation to the Registrar’s Office prior to the end of the registration period, during the semester in which the course must be taken. The student must agree to the 4 to Finish program as described above.