Educate Yourself! - Immigration
Immigration is the arrival of settlers in new country: the act of entering a new country to settle permanently.
- The 2006 US Census found that 177,489 of the citizens in Ventura County, CA were foreign born.
- The number of foreign born citizens in Ventura County has increased by 13.8% from 2000 to 2006 according to the 2006 US Census.
Visit the Grantmakers Concerned with Immigration and Refugees website http://www.gcir.org/node/2886 for more information on immigration in Ventura County. The information above is taken from the 2006 census.
- According to the 2000 US Census, 11.1 % of the United State's population was foreign born. Of those foreign born citizens, 40.3% were naturalized US Citizens and 59.7% were not citizens.
- Of the foreign born population in 2000, 51.7% were born in Latin America, 26.4% in Asia, 15.8% in Europe, 2.8% in Africa, 2.7% in North America and .5% in Oceania.
Visit http://www.census.gov/population/www/socdemo/foreign.html for more information on immigration in the United States.
- According to the European Commission's Justice and Home Affairs Department, the average % of foreign born persons in the 25 EU countries is 5.07%.
Visit http://ec.europa.eu/justice_home/doc_centre/immigration/statistics/doc_immigration_statistics_en.htm for more information on European Union immigration and