Policies & Requirements

Health Record Requirement
Prior to entering California Lutheran University, a complete Health History Form, Immunization Form, and Meningitis Awareness / Tuberculosis Screening Form is required of every undergraduate student1 and must be on file in the Health Services Office.

Undergraduate students1 are required to complete the following forms (completing the Meningitis Awareness Form and Tuberculosis Screening Form is recommended but not required for commuter students):

All residential undergraduate students, intercollegiate athletes, and cheerleaders are required to have the following immunizations:

  • Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis vaccination: within past 10 years. The newer vaccine (Tdap) is recommended.
  • Measles-Mumps-Rubella vaccinations: two doses with at least one given in 1989 or later.
  • Hepatitis B vaccinations: the series of three either completed or started prior to your initial school term.

Athletes and Cheerleaders must have the above forms completed and required immunizations must be up to date prior to the start of any practice or play. Please see the Athletic Department's website at www.clusports.com and click on Medical Forms under Prospectuve Athletes near the bottom. Athletes must completely fill out the forms, have a physical examination by their primary care provider (new athletes only), provide a copy of their primary medical insurance card, and receive final clearance through Health Services prior to starting practice.

1 Commuter students not involved with intercollegiate athletics are only required to fill out the Health History Form and Immunization Form.  On the Immunization Form they are only required to show proof of vaccination of or immunity to measles, mumps and rubella.

We encourage meningitis vaccine for first-year college students, especially if living in the residence halls.

Send your completed forms to:
CLU Health Services
60 West Olsen Road #4300
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360-2700

or Fax to: (805) 493-3955

or Scan and Email forms to: studenthealth@callutheran.edu

If you are having trouble finding proof of your immunizations we suggest looking in the following places:
  • your childhood immunization record
  • your doctor's office
  • your high school transcript (may be located on your UNOFFICIAL transcript)
  • your other college, if you are a transfer student