Graduate with Experience
Students can gain hands-on experience working for the campus newspaper, The Echo, for the campus-wide cable television station operating out of our on-campus TV studio, or for our streaming radio station, iCLU.
Communication education also takes students out of the classroom and into the workplace, with the requirement that they complete at least one industry internship or produce a special senior project.
While in the program, many students work or intern for a variety of organizations, including:
- Television stations such as ABC, NBC, CNN, KNBC, CBS, Fox Television, and KCAL
- Shows such as Access Hollywood and production companies such as Bunim/Murray
- Radio stations, including Cal Lutheran's own KCLU national public radio
- Local and regional newspapers, including the Thousand Oaks Star and Los Angeles Times
- Sports information departments for the L.A. Clippers and L.A. Kings
- Marketing firms and departments, including those at J.D. Power & Associates, and Amgen
- Software companies
- Sports marketing firms