Creating a successful website requires an efficient process and attention to detail. Here is an outline of what you can expect when working with us.
Note: Project scheduling is subject to our current workload and priorities.
Web Development Process
1. Getting Started
Let us know what you need! Fill out a New Website Request. This will give us an overview of the project's scope and allows us to begin planning on how best to meet your needs.
After reviewing your request, we will schedule a kickoff meeting. This is where we have a chance to meet face-to-face with you and really get to understand your goals, target audience(s), and unique needs to come up with a plan for success.
3. Content Development
Content is the heart of your website, and we want to make sure it gets the treatment and respect that it deserves. Our team will help you review your existing content and identify any missing materials, allowing us to create a content inventory. This will help everyone involved better understand:
- Your site's information architecture
- If any content is redundant, outdated, or trivial (ROT)
- How your audience will interact with and navigate your site
- Who is responsible for maintaining your website's content
This will help us develop a map to build your website. Ultimately, this phase is about aligning your content with your goals, ensuring the kind of positive visitor experience you wish to deliver.
We use your input and content inventory to create an audience-centered design. This is where you will see the visual design elements of your website take shape:
- Header, including logo placement
- Main and secondary navigation
- Different features in the site's main body
- University-branded footer
After an initial mock-up is rendered, we will make adjustments based on your feedback.
After receiving your reviewed content and website mock-up approval, we will:
- Translate the design into a functional HTML framework
- Flesh out your pages with their respective content (text, images, etc.)
- Ensure your site is optimized for discovery through search engines
- Install statistical tracking and reporting
- Provide training for ongoing self-management of your website
Almost there! During the final stages of your website's development, we will work with you to:
- Test all links and interactive components
- Ensure your site works across different browsers and devices
- Address any unfinished design elements or bugs
- Review your website internally during a "soft launch" period
Here is where we review everything one last time, and you give your final approval.
The final technical details are taken care of and...congratulations! Your website is now live!
9. Support and Additional Training
Once your site is live, it needs constant care and feeding (so to speak). If you require support for any aspect of your website, please contact us at email@example.com. We can also provide training for new employees.