"Biology is a way of structuring matter at a molecular scale by slotting each atom into its needful place"
- Oliver Morton, The Economist, April 6th, 2019
- The OMM's exhibits are divided into functional "halls".
note: Each exhibit will open in a new window - it is recommended
that you close one exhibit before opening the next. Most
atomic coordinate (*.pdb) files have been gnu-zipped to
speed downloads, but some files are still large.
- For JSmol (and many other great Jmol enhancements), THANK YOU Bob Hanson!
- If using a browser other than Firefox (the recommended browser for this site), be sure to allow popups. In Chrome, you can click on the popup blocker icon in the right part of the address bar.
- For a review of this resource, and other macromolecular visualization resources, see Barber and Stark (2017), Engaging with Molecular Form to Understand Function, Life Sciences Education 13 (https://doi.org/10.1187/cbe.13-12-0247).
[About the OMM] [Requirements]
[Viewing] [Acknowledgements] [Feedback]
Updated July, 2021